Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

S

stomyscar

sweet..thanks guys. might ring holden and get it done. Ill post what they charge for it!

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know more about the instantanous fuel usage feature?
It says its litres used per hour at idle, but does this convert to litres per 100 km when in motion.
Just curious thats all.

VX_GIANTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Equipe
no it doesnt. it just stays at litres/hr

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
SikVX01 said:
no it doesnt. it just stays at litres/hr

well that sucks doesn't it.
I guess ill have drive around at 100km/h everywhere for it to make sense or drive at 50km/h and double the figure!

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
hey when i did that hidden trick it came up with a strange message once cycling thru it said TOO NU, whats all that about? and another screen says B V 5.0 ?

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Murdoch said:
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know more about the instantanous fuel usage feature?
It says its litres used per hour at idle, but does this convert to litres per 100 km when in motion.
Just curious thats all.
Yes with the instantanous fuel use it is only in litres per hour while idling as soon as you get moving it switches to litres per 100klm. Contrary to others :thumbsup:

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
desruction said:
Yes with the instantanous fuel use it is only in litres per hour while idling as soon as you get moving it switches to litres per 100klm. Contrary to others :thumbsup:

:supersad: :supersad: :supersad: :supersad:

Thats not good when i have mine on LTR per hour/100klms and i holdy foot flat until it changes into second (AUTO) it hits 99.9L

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
TigerVX said:
Digital speedo is the only option you can have as a permanent option. All other displays must be done manually when starting the car.
It's crazy that holden have designed this setup but don't mention it anywhere and don't seem to keen on talking about what some of the functions are.

Hey, Just to comfirm a few things, To Get This "hidden menu up" push and hold the menu and the up button then either put the ignition to on, or start the car.
I Contacted this guy i know that works for holden, and i asked him about it, and you can have anything you want displayed, They do use a very great bit of machine "The Tech2" Which can modifie almost anything in the ECU, So when ya next check out in the menu this is what you will see.
990 609
PN7563
V---5.0 - Push up, V-U-2.5 - Push down V--D1.6
VP 1.2
VL 5.0
F18.5L - Believe this is how much the car uses per 100Kms on avarage,
F 0.00L/H
T 8oC - Temp, Very cold in my garage
Spd - This Is Your Digital Speedo
T O
P-Off - This isnt "police mode" this is weather your parkers are on or off.
too

Now All this was done with the car off and the ignition on.
When i was talking to my mate, he said that its not suppose to be talked about as holden has designed this for the "police" in unmarked cars, can follow someone and read their digital speedo. Thats the only reason why its made. :cops:
To have the digital speedo up and running automaticly everytime you start the car, should cost no more then $20. If its more then $20 There ripping you off.

I Also have a Vt diag usb cable forsale if anyones intrested. Cheers:D

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
My gf is a tart, seriously she up forsale anyone intrested. starting at .50c. Now she giving me the evil eye! Now she thinks i wont post this, well whoops

RebelSS

RebelSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV A6
Digital Read-out

Hi Bubbaj247,

That's really great info.

Great research.