Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX HSV Coulson Seats....

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys,
The seats available in the VT II R8 and VX, VX II R8, the Coulson seats with the big upper wings, where are they able to be purchased from....or is it just luck to find them at a wreckers or on eBay or something ??

Cheers :thumbsup:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
dude, coulsons are the sh*t...i spent about 4 months trying to pick up a nice pair...but they are in high demand! going for well over $2k most of the time for second hand items. i gave up in the end, i just wasnt prepared to spend that much on seats, coulsons or not.
your best bet if your keen is ebay, there's always some on there, but like i said, anywhere from $1500-3000 is what you can expect to pay for a second hand interior with coulsons.
some places do sell them though, nvu.com sell new coulson foams for $990, so you would need to trim and mount them on a seat frame. and another place (whose name escapes me at the moment) sells a pair of complete seats in black leather (only colour they have) for $3500 new.
so second hand is your best bet, there's alot of pranged vt r8's around so just keep an eye out...as well as the r8's i think they were available in the vy coupe...or something like that, my brain is fried after a long day.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, with the foams on NVU, do they come without the rails? would they just bolt on to the VS Rails if you took them out....and would it cost much to have them trimmed?? Are the coulson rears seats even worth getting??? i just love the fronts, look so sporty and damn sexy :yeah:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
the dont come with anything, just foam...so you would need the mount them on a seat frame (the whole frame, not just the rails). i looked into it and it was going to cost more than i was willing to pay, you can get good second hand ones cheaper.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
might but 2nd hand fronts and just leave the rears standard....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why dont you just get a upholsterer to do them for you?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Why dont you just get a upholsterer to do them for you?

thats what i initially thought, but after buying the foam ($990+$110 freight) then buying some seats to use the frames and then getting it upholstered it works out to be too expensive to be worth while. unless you can get it done mates rates or something, or use cheap-ass cloth, etc.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
better to buy 2nd hand if possible then just get the seat rails from ur existing VS seats :p No worries ;)

cruizin

CRUIZIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV CLUBSPORT
i have leather coulsons atm that are in a Hsv Vt Comodore r8 im actually looking to change to cloth trim hoping to find black and red as my hsv is white
but could be selling mine soon

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo