Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX Instrument globes

B

BigJ

Hey guys, does anyone know where you can purchase those little globes behind the heater controls on the VT /VX commodore. Holden are charging just over $8.00 bucks each, this is past the point of ripping off the consumer, its plain robbery. Whats the difference between the white dot globes and the plain? This was a question Holden asked me when going to purchase them.

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
Mine had a few with white dots on the back, though they are no different to the ones without, all the same part number.

You're pretty much limited to only being able to get them from Holden, or perhaps Coventrys or Amcap. Holden only charged me $6.50 each.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Hey guys, does anyone know where you can purchase those little globes behind the heater controls on the VT /VX commodore. Holden are charging just over $8.00 bucks each, this is past the point of ripping off the consumer, its plain robbery. Whats the difference between the white dot globes and the plain? This was a question Holden asked me when going to purchase them.

Give either BOGANV8 or WAGON MAN a pm i gave them a heap of globes that u want not long ago 2 use they may have some left over? i think if they r the 1ns 4 the heater control there r 2 sizes 1 thats fits in about a 5mm globe holder and the other is roughly a 10mm globe holder its just depends wat type of circuit board u have?

Last edited:

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
8 bucks is a rip, buts thats tha way it is...ive seen them for 6.50 somewhere but unless you can source them somewhere else, thats tha price you're looking at unfortunately...

Cheers,
Infin8

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok, i did this just a couple weeks ago...
I replaced ever single globe in my heater, AC, trac ctrl, fog light for about 12 bux i think.
The reason holden charge so much for the globes is cause of that stupid plastic holder!!!

I picked up some globes that were the correct amperage from dick smith and wired them into the plasic holders... easy.

Grab one globe and u will see that its only held in the plastic holder cause the wire is wrapped around it on each side....

Hard to explain, grab one, have a look n u will see what i mean.

But yeah, un-wrap the one's that r in there now, wired the new ones in and urs sweet!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
bmw also sell same globes for 4$ each
pays to shop around
then i did all my dash in leds:)

B

BigJ

VT/VX dash globes

Thanks Jesterarts, your suggestion is worth looking at. Daron, thanks also for your comments, hows the irony in that BM are half the price than GM. Seems the partnership between BM & GM are closer than we think. They are probably buying the globes off BM sources and marking them up. I can now replace that grumpy smilie with a happy one - thanks to all that replied.BigJ:)