Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt- Vx parts?

Trevor82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina V6
Howdy all,

I got a vx commodore from mum that's been sitting in her shed for the last 2 or so years. I have an old vt here and was wondering do most of the vt parts fit into the vx? Like seats etc.

Cheers.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Yes it basically the same car.

Edit. Disconnect the battery before you start unplugging wires or you will set codes.

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
series one vx and series two vt are pretty much the same
vx series two a lot changed,

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
You will probably have issues with the airbags warning if the VX had side impact front seat ones and the VT didn't.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I can't impress more that the message here is disconnect the battery and research the airbag situation or you will get an airbag light and you will not get a roadworthy with that on.
And like lout said, Series I and Series II VTs went in different directions, so it depends on the years as to whether things will fit. Mixing up the flavours will make a bigger difference - when you try and put Exec parts on a Berlina things can sometimes get messy.
I have a variety of different VTs and VXs from 97 - 02 so let me know if you have a specific question and I'll try and help.

Trevor82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina V6
I can't impress more that the message here is disconnect the battery and research the airbag situation or you will get an airbag light and you will not get a roadworthy with that on.
And like lout said, Series I and Series II VTs went in different directions, so it depends on the years as to whether things will fit. Mixing up the flavours will make a bigger difference - when you try and put Exec parts on a Berlina things can sometimes get messy.
I have a variety of different VTs and VXs from 97 - 02 so let me know if you have a specific question and I'll try and help.

I have a 07/2001 Vx Berlina which needs a new front seat so I also have a 2000 Vt so will the front seat of that fit in the Vx?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I have a 07/2001 Vx Berlina which needs a new front seat so I also have a 2000 Vt so will the front seat of that fit in the Vx?
I have vx berlina seats in my vt exe.

Check the plugs. If the same will be fit.

Reread your post. Your vt doesn't have side airbags?
But the berlina would have side airbags? So it will fit, but not legal.