Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT VX power windoew conversion wiring

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
VT VX power window conversion wiring

hi guys

i am in the process of converting my vt executive with power windows.

i have bought the following from recos

4 regulators with the steel brackets
door trims with rear switches
center console power window switch

secure window with tape when removing the manual window winder (have to drill pop rivets in and a few nuts in front

conversion of the regulators are very easy - just open the door trims and put the new regulator with the steel arm in to the door. just need to drill the big poprivets to take the manual door winder out. i am just using 5-8mm nut and bolts when putting the new electric regulators.

drop the window down to the new power window arm and secure it with glue(silicon) and tighten the nuts in window.

the tricky bit is the wiring
i am planning to manually wire the windows through a new relay. i am planning to cut the power window connector in the console and do the wiring manually

has anyone done this? i just need a wiring diagram to do a manual wiring conversion

i found a picture of the diagram which i have attached with the rear of the power window switch. is this connections correct?

thanx for your help, hope someone will learn from this

Attachments

• 04012010013.jpg
    04012010013.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 5,479

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
the power window switch i got only has 7 pins on top and 4 pins on the bottom

thanx

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hi

there is also a middle button on the power window switch i guess this is to lock the windows from anyone opening it right?

will this function work if i manually do the wiring?

Attachments

• 04012010014.jpg
    04012010014.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,144

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Why do you want ot run your oun wiring??

your car should have most of it

club255

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Hsv WM Grange
hi

i also found this picture (Cobra30.com - VY Commodore/Crewman Fog Lights Installation) of a wiring diagram

what is the bcm and where is it located?

the bcm is the body control module and it is located below the instrument cluster to the right of the steering cloumn. basically the bcm controls all of the extras the car come out with such as elec windows,cent lock etc. so you will need a mid level bcm. hope this helps but to get this bcm hooked up you need to take it to a holden dealers as the need to link everything else ito it

club255

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Hsv WM Grange
hi

there is also a middle button on the power window switch i guess this is to lock the windows from anyone opening it right?

will this function work if i manually do the wiring?

yes the middle button only locks the back windows, its more of a child saftey thing

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
so how do u know if u have the right level bcm??? what extras should it have??

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hi

a lot of people have done it by bypassing the BCM ( save the hassle of running to holden dealer to linking thing which has to be done on a new BCM, buying new keys to match the new BCM or reprogram the old ones, getting the correct BCM to the model and year and series of VT, pulling the bcm out etc,etc )

i thought by bypassing the BCM i would be able to run 8 wires to the door direct from the console switch,

i am still doing the research how to do the wiring, i dont want to damage any electrics by bypassing

so i am interested in a wiring diagram if any one got one to bypass the BCM and do direct power windows

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
i think i might already have the right bcm fitted to make mine work, my vts2 is only a gen3 exec but its got abs,cruise,ss foglights, footwell lights all fitted and the power window wiring is under the console.. surely i wouldnt have to "bypass" the bcm if i have all of this already factory fitted??

can someone give me a definate yes or no ??

Larry