Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VZ Interior floor lighting.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I'm about to make a loom up for floor lighting. Under front seats for the rear and in the footwell covers for the front.

I'll be accessing the white/green wire via the roof harness plug near the floor of the B-pillar.

I will use LEDs so load won't be a big deal.

It suddenly occurred to me though, do I earth to body, or to Yellow/green to the BCM?

I want these to go on and off with the BCM controlled interior illumination with door unlock and ignition off etc.

i'm about to dive into the wiring diagrams, but its not something I can find a clear answer to. Maybe someone already knows?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 8.04.45 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 8.05.06 pm.png

The white with green strip wire is fed via the relay above, which is triggered by the right front door actuator.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 8.01.42 pm.png

Hmm. In Calais, Door lights are orange/blk to white/grn. Step well lights are same. Orange/blk to white/grn.

However the Calais also has lighting switched a bit different. So if I copy that, will it still work in a mid spec BCM?

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 4.50.22 pm.png

This is how the mid bam switches lighting and I'm taking the feed from the roof loom.

The rear lights (E94) when set to door go on and off how I want.

The tricky bit is, I don't have a battery connected up to this to test things, so I've got to nut this out first.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 7.59.44 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 7.59.44 pm.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 127

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
So white/green earthed via yellow/green
or
orange/black earthed via yellow green.

Hmm

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm fairly sure I use orange/black and earth via yellow/blue.

Orange black is the power supply in.
Both White/green and yellow/blue (sorry my bad) is earthed via the bcm.

If I use yellow/blue, and the door light is switched to off on the roof light, it disables the floor light and ignition barrel light. If I use white/green, I don't think that will happen.

I might put a plug in the harness for a puddle light on the bottom of the mirror? I don't know, maybe I'm making more work for myself?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I have read that in every thread, but it isn't a combination used anywhere on the car. well, most say just to tap into the white/green and earth to body. I'm not happy with that. I want it to be able to switch off if various settings allow (i.e. via the door light switch on the sunnies holder.

I am putting the indicators etc back on, and the shroud, and can confirm the light on the ignition lock is orange/black and earthed via yellow/blue. That wire goes straight back to the roof harness plug on the B-Pillar.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I don't know, maybe I'm making more work for myself?

Hi Fu,

From my read of it you are on the right track. Many would simply earth to the body and have an 80% solution. The approach you are taking to having the lights switched as you want is the right one. Switching via the BCM is the way to go.