Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt wagon build

Coxy2097

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
hey guys, first post so be nice :yeah:

looking at putting a sound system the wagon,
I was looking at getting this set up

Kicker ZX350.4
Alpine CDEE102EI
Alpine Type R Splits
and Kicker 4ga wiring kit.
(edit) BTW all this for $847

now the plan is to run the type r splits on channels 1 and 2, then at a later stage run something like the pioneer TS-W307D4 Subwoofer on channels 3 and 4, but im not sure if the amp will produce enough power to the sub to get the most out of it, if anyone clear that up for that would appreciated, also wasn't planning on doing the rears as i will not in the back seat.. so any suggestions or feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Not a bad start to a system.....some good quality components there mate.

As far as enough power to run a sub goes....it puts out 60wrms x 4 at 4 ohm and 2 x 175wrms when bridged. While this would be the minimum i would be giving the splits (60wrms), i would re-consider your amplifier choice for running the splits and a subwoofer. 175wrms is fairly low to be giving a sub. It will "work" but you certainly wont be getting the full potential from the sub, or the splits for that matter.

I would suggest looking for an amplifier with around 100wrms per channel minimum. For example the Jaycar Response 4 x 100wrms model, it produces 300wrms when bridged......alot closer to what i'd be running into a subwoofer.

That Jaycar amp is just an example....theres plenty of other models out there which produce similar power. Anything with 90-150wrms per channel is ideal.

It would depend on what youre after in the end, whether it be accurate sound reproduction (SQ) or just full on volume output ?

Coxy2097

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Not a bad start to a system.....some good quality components there mate.

As far as enough power to run a sub goes....it puts out 60wrms x 4 at 4 ohm and 2 x 175wrms when bridged. While this would be the minimum i would be giving the splits (60wrms), i would re-consider your amplifier choice for running the splits and a subwoofer. 175wrms is fairly low to be giving a sub. It will "work" but you certainly wont be getting the full potential from the sub, or the splits for that matter.

I would suggest looking for an amplifier with around 100wrms per channel minimum. For example the Jaycar Response 4 x 100wrms model, it produces 300wrms when bridged......alot closer to what i'd be running into a subwoofer.

That Jaycar amp is just an example....theres plenty of other models out there which produce similar power. Anything with 90-150wrms per channel is ideal.

It would depend on what youre after in the end, whether it be accurate sound reproduction (SQ) or just full on volume output ?

been on other forums lately, and i have decided to go to the kicker zx200.2 amp, running the splits off it and then later running a sub off a monobloc.
With the splits would i better off running a Kenwood KAC-6203 Car Amplifier, which runs 100w x2 at 4 ohm instead of 40~55rms on the kick zx200.2?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep, much better to use two amps....one for the splits and a "monoblock" for the sub/s.

Amp brand / model is really up to you. The main differences are power output, high pass / low pass filters and of ofcourse cosmetics / size. There are other things to look out for, like signal to noise ratio and dampening factor.....but it gets abit confusing so dont worry to much about that :)
Something with 100wrms @ 4 ohm per channel will be ideal for those Type R splits.

As far as a mono to power a sub......300-500wrms is what i'd be looking at as a minimum, especially for a big car like a wagon ;)