Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chumpanator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive wagon
0 0 0
HELP...
I've got mad priming issues, I've replaced coil packs, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, injectors, plugs and leads even spent up on harmonic balancer removal tool and rattle gun just to replace the crank angle sensor, even ripped it open and replaced my air inlet manifold and rocker cover gaskets and cleaned everything up but still have the same issue.
It wont start unless it's been running, to get it started I have to leave ignition on for 5 minutes before cranking and then it fires no problem.
Obviously its having a torturous effect on my battery but I'm not giving up on it.
Fault codes showing torque converter solenoid fault but that's all.
It's like the fuel in the lines magically disappears.
I've tried everything I know please help me put this to rest

Attachments

• 20200528_084804.jpg
    20200528_084804.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Other than replacing everything you can see, what have you tested?
Do you have fuel pressure when it won't start?
Is there spark when it won't start?

What happened in the lead-up to this problem? ie did you hit a gutter, fill up with fuel, do a repair on something else etc and then the problem started?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Could try some injector cleaner if your pissing about trying anything put a full bottle in a tank of fuel run it for as long as you can say minimum 100kms ..nulon is a good brand injector cleaner ...or even Repco injector slash valve cleaner if you want to be thorough.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
egr valve, purge valve, dfi module
as mentioned do you have spark, fuel pressure
stop playing the parts lottery and do some diagnostics

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't help you to get it running but I can say that code is likely not the faulty part, so don't go replacing it, if you're thinking about it. That code normally come up from a worn valve body, which can be fixed by dropping the pan.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Can't help you to get it running but I can say that code is likely not the faulty part, so don't go replacing it, if you're thinking about it. That code normally come up from a worn valve body, which can be fixed by dropping the pan.
I replaced my TCC pwm solenoid when I got that code that fixed mine it was actually toast it was that old broke apart pulling it out ...no it won't help him replacing it

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I'm thinking purge valve as well, or could be just a sticky fuel relay when cold. At less now your car wont need new parts for awhile.

Chumpanator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive wagon
I only replace cas as it wad showing fault.
Thanks heaps though, gonna try everything I cant ever sell it as it has to stay in my family sort of an heirloom so I don't see the harm in replacing things.