Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Wagon seat belt info --

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Hi All

My middle seatbelt in the rear on my wagon wont pull out. Have removed the unit from the back of the seat just wondering if there was any tricks to get it working again or should i just be another one?

Cheers Mick

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
its best not to mess around with seat belts just replace it as if you mess around with the seatbelt you might damage internal components that may make the seatbelt fail to work, being a very large safety problem.
i'd go with the safest option.

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Hi

To remove i unzipped the back, then took off the top trim piece on the seat then you have to actually pull the seat cushion away from the metal back of the seat.
The spool is just below the top of the seat where the belt goes into.
It was held inplace by a nut on a fixted bolt.

Cheers Mick

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Hi

To remove i unzipped the back, then took off the top trim piece on the seat then you have to actually pull the seat cushion away from the metal back of the seat.
The spool is just below the top of the seat where the belt goes into.
It was held inplace by a nut on a fixted bolt.

Cheers Mick
i checked the ADR and Safety Requirements for a vehicle and it is actually illegal to open a seat belt on the grounds to fix it, this means that it is defect worthy, it is in the interest of your passenger safety and your safety to renew the seat belt if its not working properly.

Last edited:

VS_Wagon_Baby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen 3 VT2 Berlina wagon
Ok, my seat belt did this to me and i managed to fix it 5 minutes ago. All you do is take the bottom seat cushion out so you can get the where the bottom of the middle seat belt is bolted to the floor of the car. Just undo that bolt and try to let it retract a bit. After that, just start pulling it side to side with some force and the lock undoes itself. Then just bolt it back in and make sure when you fold your seats down that the seat belt has something stopping it from retracting into the seat.

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Hi All

Just letting you know how i eventually fixed this.
I thought i would be able to source a second hand unit but found out it is illegal to sell used seatbelts in SA. Holden wanted $165 for a new seatbelt part so the solution was the wreckers sell the whole rear seat with the seatbelt still attached. This was know just a straight swap of the rear seat panel for $88. The plus was my original was missing the external trim piece.

Cheers Mick

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Hi there
Sorry to dig up old tread
But how did you get the seat belt out of middle seat??

Sorry didn't read whole post