Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt wagon want to fit vx or vy rear irs cradle

r600

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 vn berlina-vt series 2 wagon
hi i have vt series 2 wagon i want to fit vx or vy series 2 rear cradle with factory toe adjusters,is it true that i need wagon cradle not sedan,cheers for any help

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I am looking at doing the same thing and so far, all the information I have is, as The Kid says, wagon to wagon, sedan to sedan. First difference I found was shock absorbers are different, at least the way they mount is. Apparently the cradles from VY an VZ will fit in the early VT. If you use VZ diff, you will need VZ tailshaft because of rubber uni joints

r600

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am looking at doing the same thing and so far, all the information I have is, as The Kid says, wagon to wagon, sedan to sedan. First difference I found was shock absorbers are different, at least the way they mount is. Apparently the cradles from VY an VZ will fit in the early VT. If you use VZ diff, you will need VZ tailshaft because of rubber uni joints

hey ,was onto that if using vy-vz must use tailshaft aswell,cheers adrian

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
By the way, your VT diff will fit OK. Usually a bit cheaper than getting the later diff for more money and saves spending $150 on a VZ shaft

r600

Reaction score
Members Ride
By the way, your VT diff will fit OK. Usually a bit cheaper than getting the later diff for more money and saves spending $150 on a VZ shaft

graham7773 thanks for that didnt know that my diff will fit vz cradle any idea on price for cradle and lower arms and adjusters???

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Was one on ebay recently, $300 but I don't think you would get one cheaper than that. Don't forget you need the control arms too. They are different to the VT. You need to find one private, make sure nothing is bent.
VZ rear cradle, Car, Truck Parts items at low prices on eBay.com.au. This one is $95 but is bare. You need the arms, sway bar and brakes. I don't know if your brakes will fit and it's in Vic
And this one is in Qld @ $299 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VT-VX-VY-VZ-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa739b0f9.... it is very complete but out of a Calais sedan. May be possible to fit. ask around

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VE-Holden-Om...s&hash=item2eafccf08b#ht_500wt_715.....Here's a ve that don't look much different but again, ask around. Also, it's $700

Last edited:

r600

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was one on ebay recently, $300 but I don't think you would get one cheaper than that. Don't forget you need the control arms too. They are different to the VT. You need to find one private, make sure nothing is bent.
VZ rear cradle, Car, Truck Parts items at low prices on eBay.com.au. This one is $95 but is bare. You need the arms, sway bar and brakes. I don't know if your brakes will fit and it's in Vic
And this one is in Qld @ $299 VT VX VY VZ HOLDEN COMMODORE SII ADJUSTABLE DIFF CRADLE (eBay item 320633155833 end time 30-Dec-10 22:13:44 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats.... it is very complete but out of a Calais sedan. May be possible to fit. ask around

VE Holden Omega rear cradle with diff centre and brakes (eBay item 200517939339 end time 08-Jan-11 09:20:58 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats a ve that don't look much different but again, ask around. Also, it's $700
can anyone tell me is the diff cradle the same sedan and wagon just the lower control arms different??????for shock mounted different?????cheers adrian