Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt wagon

Becca1722

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore wagon
I’ve got a vt wagon I was stopped at the lights and my car just stopped and won’t start again it turns over.
I’ve changed the fuel pump checked all the fuses and still won’t start can anyone give me some suggestions on what it could be please.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
How is the fuel level?

if its low then try putting around 20L in. My VX wagon had a semi faulty fuel gauge and also wouldn't start once it ran out unless you put in a heap of fuel.

But could also be something else, crank angle sensor maybe, did it have a check engine light illuminated?

Check for error codes and see if something comes up.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
With any engine, you need fuel (and air), compression and ignition (spark).

Assuming nothing catastrophic happened in the engine (and the compression is okay), it is likely to be fuel or ignition. In my opinion, spark is the easiest to check. If you have spark, then check for fuel (do the injectors tick?, can you hear the fuel pump run?).

With a bit of experience, you can usually pick the problem from how the engine stopped. Ignition faults usually stop the engine immediately, whereas with fuel issues the engine will often splutter and shake as it stops.

Becca1722

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore wagon
Worked out it was the crank angle sensor so just replacing it now.