Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - Wanna buy

lynx2093

Reaction score
Members Ride
None.
hello,
Over the last week ive been thinking of buying this

1999 HOLDEN COMMODORE ACCLAIM VT II Private Cars For Sale in SA - carsales.com.au

My dad and his mate whos a machanie went and test drove it two times and my dads mate said its good.

The only problem is that its been a rear end car crash, but its been fixed up?? (Is this a big problem?? for a vt @ 11 - 12 years old ?? Is it normal or?)

Also water gets in to the spare tire bay?? We got told it could be the boot seals, but theres no water on the carpet stuff.. so could it be under the car where its been fixed from the crash? or? could it run down the back of the lights...??

Thanks!!

sus_038

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack S2
Hey mate, if i were you i would prolly stay away from it, having been in a crash etc. it could be the start of endless problems with it...

Just my input anyways :)

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
for that money you can find something a little better mate... take your time and dont rush into buying the first car you see :)

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
That's too expensive for what it is. I picked one up for $1700 with only 150,000km on it.

$3-4k tops for a VT in SA unless its supercharged or a V8.

Or look in other states, SA is expensive for VT's.

lynx2093

Reaction score
Members Ride
None.
Why should i stay away from it? come on guys... check car sales etc.. link me to a better VT in sa..

Also.. for a car 11 years old.. u cant expect it to be 100%.. alot of them would have been in crashes. but whys it matter so much if its been fixd??

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Looking at the pictures, it looks like the boot is sitting high on the rhs near the rear screen.

How bad was the hit? What was repaired when they fixed it?

It's alot of money for a stock 6 mum's taxi style car that's had a shunt.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Why does it have to be in SA?

I live in SA too but flew to Sydney to get a car a few years ago, then flew to Melbourne the end of last year to get my latest one.

Cost me $600 for the car, flight was about $70 and about $250 fuel to get that car from Syd back to Adelaide, could have easily sold it for $2,000+ back here right away.

The latest one (VT) cost me $1700, about $100 for the flight and another $100 for fuel. Could have sold that back here for $4,000+ straight away, saved $2,000-3,000 if I was to buy the same in SA.

Still if you want to get the first one no one is stopping you, but still for $5,500 and given a few months I could buy 2-3 low km VTs with that money.

You could even get a VY for that much, or a VZ for a extra $500.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Why should i stay away from it? come on guys... check car sales etc.. link me to a better VT in sa..

Also.. for a car 11 years old.. u cant expect it to be 100%.. alot of them would have been in crashes. but whys it matter so much if its been fixd??

Seems you have already made up your mind anyway.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo