Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt whiteline swaybar onto a vt?

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
Hey guys, I've got my hands on a whiteline adjustable front sway bar for a VZ, just wanting to know if it will fit onto a VT??

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My catalogue lists a different part number fromt the VZ to VT so it may not fit.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
The VZ sawybar has the ball joint at boths ends for the sway bar link. the vt has bushes at both ends. Now you can either get VZ struts and the VZ sway bar links(so i was told) or buy a ball joint kit that will allow you to fit the ball type sway bar links to the vt strut you will also need the VZ sway bars links. hope that makes sense.
EDIT: Here is a link to the conversion kit Whiteline KLC155 Sway bar - link assembly conversion kit

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Can't you use the VY swaybar link with the bushes one end and the ball joint the other?

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think the ball/bush type are different length to the ball/ball type. not 100% sure though. I know the bush/bush type are shorter than the ball/bush type. As i brought the bush/bush type swaybar for my vx and it hit on the chassis had to buy a new sway bar with the ball/bush setup to make it clear. I was told the bush/bush type would fit the vx even though it came with the ball/bush type from factory. ( Have fun following that one o_O)

EDIT:Im not sure if the VZ swaybar is bent the same as the vx2/vy ones. so thats why i suggested the sway bar conversion kit just so you know it will clear.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
too many balls in there for my liking...

If the bush/ball type are longer, wouldn't the fit anyway? It would only push the sway bar down a bit further away from the chassis.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
The bush/ball is longer than the bush/bush but may be shorter than the ball/ball, so fitting the bush/ball to a bar that needs the ball/ball will cause it to fool on the chassis.but if the bush/ball is the same length as the ball/ball then yes OP can use the VY links with the VZ bar an the VT strut.

Last edited: