Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT won't start first go

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
Hey guys, yeaturday I lowered the rear end of my car(exec vtii sedan), I put in king springs SL, but not the front yet(I don't have shocks yet) but not it doesn't start straight away, i turn the key, and it kicks and kicks and kicks, THEN it starts, whereas before it would start as soon as I turned the key.

Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know why?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Did you knock a fuel line loose? That happened to me after a diff change and turned out the fuel filter line was leaking, so I'm guessing I knocked it loose or something

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
Ohhh, I might have! If so, is it just a matter of pushing it back in?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Most likely yes, unless youve damaged something. Just turn the car on and stick your head under there for a look. If there's fuel leaking youll see and smell it

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I had this issue and it turned out the plastic fuel line from the fuel pump to the fittings on the inside of the fuel tank had split. You'd need to get your fuel pressure checked, if after stopping the engine the pressure drops fairly rapidly, you've either got a split line or the check valve in the fuel pump itself is shagged.

But as Monkeys437 has said, check for fuel leaks everywhere else.
One more thing to check would be once it does fire up, does it blow any black smoke? this would indicate a leaking injector which would also make the fuel system lose pressure.

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
No fuel leaking that I can see, can't smell it either! The only thing I could think of would be the angle that the car is sitting.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Well no matter how stupid it may sound, how much petty is in it? If almost E then maybe, but full tank should make a difference

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
Just filled the to the brim. No fuel leak, no smell, no smoke. Nothing else has changed. Exept that!

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
I had the arse end of mine up recently and somehow unknown to me the surge pipe came disconnected so we glued it back together and were on on the road again and now runs better then ever.