Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Won't start in the Morning

PRUDO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equip
Every time I go to start my commodore at about 5:30 in the morning it won't start. It keeps cranking but won't fire. It starts first go at any other time of the day except for mornings.
Is there anything I can do, to try and fix this problem?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
usually battery, takes less voltage to crank than run ECU correctly
although the last time i had this the car had blue max leads and bosch copper plugs
the two dis-similar metals had reacted and created a black oxidization on the plug nipple which was an insulator when cold
took three days to get to the bottom of that one
inside garage was warm enough that no fault

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Thread cleaned, keep it on topic please.

I would look towards the battery not having enough to crank the motor on cold mornings if it starts ok later in the day and in warmer conditions.

lll-HUNTER-lll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Every time I go to start my commodore at about 5:30 in the morning it won't start. It keeps cranking but won't fire. It starts first go at any other time of the day except for mornings.
Is there anything I can do, to try and fix this problem?

you may have a fuel bleed down problem, if the one way valve in the fuel pump is playing up you will lose fuel rail pressure over time, same as fuel pressure regulators and injectors can also bleed down, but the most common is the fuel pump. hook up a fuel pressure gauge, start the car to get the pressure up, leave the car sitting over night and see if the pressure has dropped.