Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~* VTCOM6 - In Progress *~

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
VTCOM6 is being retired.

Nothing ever goes right.

When I got my kit, my car spent the first night out in the rain while the paint was still wet, which took the pearl effect off completely, made the paint run and changed the colour so its the blue it is instead of the pearl effect that made it a lighter blue and looked very cool. All because Damon's housemates GF is a bitch and wouldnt stop at his house on the way past so damon's housemate could move his car like he had promised he would. And he knew my car had just been painted and needed to be out of the rain.

Going to mt barker, teh rubber around the front window came off and we taped it up. Then I got sick and didnt get out of bed for 2 weeks and the tape baked on and I cant get it off no matter what I try.

The girl damon was seeing before me is crazy and got jealous. So she ripped my arial out and snapped it in half then left it hanging. We shoved it back in but it only goes up a tiny bit and I bought a new one ($8 on clearance from kmart for a VS one that should fit) but had too much trouble getting to where the arial is to be able to put it on.

Then I got hit at maccas and my kit no longer lines up at all and has gaps in it. + all chips and scrapes in the back.

I took it to get fixed.
They cracked my kit in 2 places at the front when the front was fine and didnt need to be touched.
They painted the chips in a completely different light blue which looks crap and is more noticable than the chips were.
Painted my window wipers a totally not matching white.
Touched up the door where someone had hit it with their door at a car park and later the putty they patched it with fell off so it looks worse than to start with.
And made the kit at the back look worse too.
And chanrged me $70 for all this.

Then when I got my wheels, and they scraped the side of my kit, which was actually doing ok and had no marks on it. But never said anything about it to me. And I didnt notice til later so I don't think I can complain about it now.

My sign has all capital I's so it reads llluminate instead of illuminate and it has a huge chip out of it. + I got screwed over paying $350 for it when I had originally arranged to buy one for $100 and just get some of the lettering changed. But instead ended up buying plastic from the same person after he decided to sell the sign to someone else despite what we had arranged, then paying to get it bent and then paying for all the lettering.

Not to mention all the scratches in my windows and on my doors, especially my front window right where I look when driving has the hugest scratch and my drivers side door where people get jealous or something and find a near by rock or key and mutilate my car.

Meanwhile I have had glandular fever for the whole year, had to quit my job at the beginning of the year and only study and get austudy.

I can't afford to do anything else to the car.
I can't get anything fixed that has gone wrong.
Basically I need a whole new kit and then new windows and apparently a cut and polish will take the scratches out of the paint from rocks and keys. But im not sure it will.

So rather than stress over it and waste more money, my car is instead being retired.

Last edited:

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Keep it as it is. Driver the daily driver instead most of the time.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
oh hunni, you cant give up on her. *hugs* & take it easy. you can still love her, even with all the imperfections. If you retire her, then you will kick yourself later!

D.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
some people are ********s! sounds like uve had it really hard. at least ur keeping her though. u probably just need a break from modifying the car for now. as long as you keep it you can return to modifying it when you get more cash together and when things start looking up.

all the best,
94vrexec

SLAMD1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SEDAN
Hi Emily didnt get to meet u at extreme street & custom show but had a good look at your car in the COCC display (didnt look all that bad) cant have young car modifiers put off by thier first car show (there was a lot of quality cars there) so I must be getting soft in my old age, therefore if you want a hand putting your car together for holden v ford day in december from an old hand at car shows give me a yell (mine was the silver vt) can block your paint back (cut n polish) prehaps can point the gernie gun under the bonnet ect ect.
no charge (I am getting soft)lol
dont go giving up on it do as I have done and make it bigger better brighter next time

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
New pics from extreme street and custom, my first car show that went horribly wrong.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
How'd it go horribly wrong? =/
And sad to hear its being retired :(. Maybe it just needs long service leave instead?? :D