Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt's not the strongest vehicle for BIG stereo's

P

pordoski

Hey just a short note if you are thinking about decking out a vt sedan... with serious gear i recommend removing the back window and respotwelding the joints together :)... as the outcome was 6 broken spotwelds this is coming from experience during this process. i have blown out the back window 6 times, and shatterered it into a million pieces.. at a lovley cost of 400 smackos to replace. i wont be doing that again

the system incorperated

clarion headunit
rockford fosgate punch 400 amp
rockford fosgate punch 100 amp
crossfire digi amp
optima 1500cca 120 amp alt, 0 guage wiring, 1 farad cap
150 amp circuit breaker
rockford fosgate 6.5 inch punch splits front and rear doors
rockford fosgate 8 inch punch dvc subs in the parcell shelf x2
rockford fosgate 15 inch punch power dvc's x2 in a sealed box

spl level 146 btw i dont run a rearview mirror any more i lost that about 6 months ago.. where it ripped a chunk ov glass off the windscreen.

lol so yeah it pays to do your homwork b4 you put all your time and effort into a weak car that cannot handle the pressure :)

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Damm, was all that on the original alternator?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
And the plastic lined seats so when you uncontrollably **** yourself its easy to clean.

Sounds good though.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Do you think it may have somethin to do with mountin 2 subs in the parcel shelve??

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thats a serious system, id **** myself to if the window shattered like that.....whouldntyou learn form the first couple o times ;)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Are you sure that it doesnt have something to do with to do with how your subs are mounted? The reason I say this is because we have a pretty big stereo in our VT and havent encountered any problems like that, the worst of our problems has been having to tighten up the no. plate holder from the vibrations making it loose. We are running 3 x 12" subs 2 in ported and 1 in sealed enclosures, but they are not attached to the car, they are held by interlocking together and interlocking with other mdf pieces.

P

pordoski

re

This system does run a 120 amp alternater. :)

It only shattered the window once.. but pushed it out 6 times.
after it shattered i tuned it down dramatically :)

The subs in the parcel shelf they didnt last very long as the 15's killed them with vibration.. shame really they were good speakers.

Hmmn mjounting was the hard bit ended up making brackets out of angle iron and bolted it to the flooreither site of the spare wheel well.. is is very solid..

Sprayed the whole boot and boot lid out with 4 litres of body deadener so stop vibration but whit this system u stop one rattle u make another :-(

Any more Q's just post em to me... more than happy to answer them

mick PordosKi