Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU Driving lights

Toc hobbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S11 ute
Hi i am trying to hook up driving lights on a Vu ute Using the plug and go kits available. I have hooked all up . But my driving lights do not come on when I hit the high beam. they will activate via the remote switch only. any help would be appreciated.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
First port of call will be the kit manufacturer.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have an idea VU's switch differently to earlier models, that is they negative switch or something like that. There is a write up in the how too's. Unless the kit is Holden VT on specific, I believe you need to fit additional relays to make them work.

Toc hobbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S11 ute
Immortality sorry there were no manufacturers instructions. Came all wired to relay and remote switch with a double adaptor that plugged onto light then my light wires plugged into that.Pic of set up below

Attachments

• 673_black2.jpg
    673_black2.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 84

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hi i am trying to hook up driving lights on a Vu ute Using the plug and go kits available. I have hooked all up . But my driving lights do not come on when I hit the high beam. they will activate via the remote switch only. any help would be appreciated.

The generic plug & go wiring kits won't work because they are wired incorrectly for use on the commodore
This thread will have all the answers & instructions to sort you out:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ts-vx-vy-vz-and-possibly-other-models.134483/