Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU Gen3 Heater problem, Throttle body vac line missing?

hdtkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commy
hi guys

the vacume valve control thing on the heater tap of my 5.7lt ute has a problem, its eitehr fully open or fully closed.

is this normal or should it be fully vairable depending on how far i turn the dial inside the car, also i think teh heater tap it self may be stuck open coz even when the vacume thing is closed there is still alot of heat coming in to the car.

when i have all the way to cold its closed. if i move the control just one little click off cold it opens all the way.
and now its summer it feals like the heater is always on and im having to constatly run the AC.

would this be a problem in the dash controls or in the vacume thing at the heater tap? and what would you recomend trying to fix first.

also there are 2 vacume lines that apear to be missing of the vront of the throttle body, if anyone has pics or can give some advice on what they are for or if they are even used at all please post any relevent info. i cant see anything on where it would link up to and dont sound like its sucking air and dont look like its blowing air out. so im not sure if i should just cap them or not bother about it. i have asked a few mechanics but they dont seam to know much about the Gen 3 engines.

ill add a pic 2moro.

cheers. :)

p.s i have only had the car a few weeks so please dont ask when this started .. its been like this since i got the car.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Behind the heater controls, there is a metal rod that connects to the hot/cold selector knob.
The rod is held onto the selector by a plastic clip.
If the heater controls have been previously removed, the rod may not have been adjusted properly onto the selector.

Alternatively, the heater tap may be faulty.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
heater tap operation is correct. the tap is shut only when on full cold.
if it is still getting hot it's possible the blend door is not shutting completely.

the two vacuum lines you talk about sound to be the coolant lines that heat the throttle body.
sounds like its been bypassed, and thats no problem at all.

hdtkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commy
cool thanks guys .. just i was under the impression the heater tap would not be a full open or close thing that it would be bassed on how far you turned the heat dial..

will replace the tap and see if that helps. also will check the controler is adjusted properly. will post again if any more problems