Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vu l67?

Vzjett

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz berlina v6
Hi guess sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question but I can’t find the answer.
Did the vu come out with a l67?
I bought a Vx factory l67 but found out after it got yellow sticked that it was in a crash and has a bent kframe and body slightly also the control arm is falling out the frame of the car. So I think it’s f..k? but I came across a vu spac ecotec for free needs stuff like head lights and motor and box so I was wondering could I put my l67 in the vu and get it registered in wa.
P.s. Really don’t want to get rid of the l67 as it’s got ported heads and charger and a small cam.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
To my knowledge they didn't make a VU Ute L67, Only sedans... VS L67 sedan, statesman, VT XU6, VT Sedan L67, VX Sedan L67, VY Sedan L67
They only came out in Auto's

If the car you purchased is a write off you should of been told or get your money back. Did it come with rego? Sry not up with WA Laws but seems shifty to me.

Yes you can take out the Ecotec motor from the Ute and put in the L67, there are a few posts around on what to do. Prob easiest to take the motor and wiring loom out and change it over.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Just to add to this, the VU and VX are the same car just 1 is a sedan and 1 is a ute.
What ever you need for the VU, it will come off the VX, Lights, front seat all bits will fit.

I would throw in a new set of engine mounts and a new trans mount while your at it.

Vzjett

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz berlina v6
Just to add to this, the VU and VX are the same car just 1 is a sedan and 1 is a ute.
What ever you need for the VU, it will come off the VX, Lights, front seat all bits will fit.

I would throw in a new set of engine mounts and a new trans mount while your at it.
Yeah thank you heaps for the information. I was only asking as I’ll have to get it registered after the swap and not sure if it will pass the pits with a l67 as they didn’t come with them and thank you for that list of what it came out in.
Bought the Vx l67 registered and thought it was good until the control arm started popping in and out of the frame and the same day it got yellow sticked for the height and exhaust but then I found the old owner the one before the dude I bought it off and he told me it has a been tboned on the front right wheel and has a bent kframe and so after that I had a look at all the gaps in between the panels on the car and some on one side are really close and on the other side they are further apart. I has no records of been written off or anything.
Sorry it’s so long I’ve just got no clue how to go about this. Thank you