Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU Manual Vs VX auto

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
hey everyone

which is faster manual or auto?

a mate of mine has a vx auto just wondering if we lined up together who would win, say to 100kmph and over a 1/4. :thumbsup:

his is stock and ive done a fair bit to mine but just say that both cars were stock. :yeah:

cheers
ryan

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
My understanding is that the manuals are a fair bit quicker to 100, but after that the auto will start to haul you in.

The manual is about 8.5 to 100 and the manual just over 9, but they have the same/very close quater mile times. So id say you have him to 100 and he should catch you around the end of the quarter

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh i think ive got about 30kgs on him. cheers guys, just gotta sus out the best point to change gears at...think about 5k is max power, to get the most out of each gear you'd change when uve got max power output wouldn't u?

cheers
ryan

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
My vx is manual and it does fade a little past 5k to the limiter. So i change at 5k, but thats just me

surfy31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
go the VU
i just bought my vu manual... im a ithgt ass and always try to change gears early to save the fuel. i find about 4k rpm the revs get a bit revvy. ahah
5k is best for the drag but ;)

mattkeane88

Reaction score
It also depends on the skill of the manual driver... a poor manual driver will be beaten by an auto because there really isnt much too it now is there.