Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vu questions help

Jrevell13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vu s
Hey everyone recently purchased a 2001 vu s and have had a couple of problems and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice and answers to my questions thanks
I have been slowly losing coolant since I got the car and the other day the car was pouring white smoke out of the exhaust and I have bubbles coming up in my radiator, so I'm assuming I've done a head gasket so I've looked at replacing the engine and transmission (because replacement engine has lower kms) with one out of a vy and was wondering if they go in no worries and everything bolts up nicely or is there electrics that have different plugs or is there any dramas i will run into?(Both original and replacement engines are 6cyl and auto)
And secondly I was told my brake proportioning valve is sticking and it's not allowing proper use of the hand brake can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to clean or fix this? thanks to anyone that can help

Bob33

Reaction score
Members Ride
e3 maloo
get a workshop to do an air test we charge like an hour to do them just to be sure the head is blown. but i think the transmissions where different I'm pretty sure the engines plug and play. the portioning valve has nothing to do with the handbrake. this adjusts the brake bias to the rear brakes depending on load in the tray.

H

harrop.senator

Usually its lower intake manifold on a v6. Vy motor and box will go straight in just use your harness and pcm.

Jrevell13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vu s
Thanks for your comments guys, I was told by pedders my brake proportioning valve was sticking and needed further inspection and they did a brake steering and suspension check and it came back saying I had 159n brake force with my parking brake on the left side and 1320n on the right side I thought that had something to do with the proportioning valve but does my hand brake just need adjusting at my wheels then?