Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vu Reverse Light

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey does anyone know where the reverse light cable is, i need to run it to my reversing camera im thinking of buying.

cheers.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It's the positive wire that goes to the reverse light globes.

ivanski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Series 2
reverse signal wire

Often it is the Green wire.

When I put Monaro lights on my VT sedan, (yeah I know everyone has 'em now), the reversing globes moved from being in center ganish to outer lamp housings.

Because this left extra pairs of parkers and reverse lines dangling in boot, all the wiring harness got unwound from black 'lecky tape and extra wires cut out. All wire joints now soldered and sealed in heat shrink tubing. Bugger of a job but meant I could retreive a green reversing light all the way back to where high mount stop light should be.

Because it is an SS, this lamp is not fitted as it would be blocked by spoiler and it has a row of LED's anyway.

The extra Green wire routed back became the +12V signal for my reversing LCD/Camera. That way when I look over my shoulder during reversing, as you're looking out the back window, the reversing camera on rear pacel shelf lights automaticly and I can see how far back before my tow ball punctures a fords bumber.:whistling

I see from your icon you've got a ute so I guess rear pacel shelf is a factory option.

mvg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S 3.8 Ute
Hi Guys,
I got the power for my camera ( also in a VU) from the trailer wire harness.
White is earth, Black is reversing lamp (+).
Only helps if you have a tow bar.