Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS Dramas

Royray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 3 5L Statesman
Hi all, trying to help a friend out. She has a VU SS with a modified LS1 6speed. It has sat for awhile since her partner passed away and trying to put it back together and up and running for her. She won't wind over. Problem is on the dash it says "serv ERROR".
I've got a GM Tech 2 scan tool but it wont communicate with the car. Scan tool works perfect on any other car except this ute. I do have another BCM and matching computer from a VX SS to use also but I don't have a key fob that goes with the bcm. I've tried unplugging the abs as well with no results. Cigarette lighter fuse is fine also. If I bridge the starter relay I can get it to wind over.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attachments below may help you. Perhaps you could also expand on what you mean by "trying to put it back together". What exactly have you done? Note the part that says:

"If there is a fault with the PIM power feed or earth circuit the Tech 2 scan tool will not communicate with the
PCM or BCM, or the PIM."

Attachments

• GEN III V8 PCM DATA LINK CONNECTOR DIAGNOSIS.pdf
    286.1 KB · Views: 122
  • GEN III V8 PCM POWERTRAIN OBD SYSTEM CHECK.pdf
    298.5 KB · Views: 129

Royray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 3 5L Statesman
Thanks for the reply. I've had to plug half the engine harness back on the motor. Someone was going to take the motor out but now it's staying in the ute. Apart from the dash everything in the cab had been pulled out. My job is basically rebuild the car, get it back up running how it was before being left in this state. All dash lights , windows, lights etc work. I'm used to vr-vs 5L stato's. Not LS drivelines. Plus I'm very mechanically minded and electrical minded