Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS Fifty

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Quote is about $450 to recover as not an easy job. I'll be checking for any old stock but think if there are it'll probably cost three times the recover?

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Is that the whole wheel? I was thinking of just doing the top on mine where its badly torn.

I think the price comes from having to hand stitch it,which takes time.

My wrecker mates have got lots of different steering wheels but like you i want to keep the calais stock because its rare.

Ahh the joys of owning rare cars.

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Actually I didn't ask but will be getting it done.
Yes the joy. Just had all the bearings in the diff replaced which I knew were gone before I picked it up. Bloke I got it off tried telling me it was just a drone caused by the ute tub & tarp.
Cut out for the twin exhaust done on the right hand side. Had a twin system put on but didn't alter the bloody body work......:banstick:
Caster bushes - well that was a surprise.
Now I can't get the SS Fifty badges........sigh....

R

Risky

Pity about the SS Fifty badges. The ones embroided on the seats look cool.

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Been an expensive week.
Picked up the new bumper, fog lights, badges & bits and pieces yesty then picked up the ute today expecting a huge bill after getting all new bearings & seals in the diff, exhaust gaskets & muffler replaced, front & rear radius bushes replaced, wheel alignment and few other bits checked. Think they looked after me @ $1300.
Then they told me one rim was buckled and the ute shouldn't have passed a RWC - apart from that it's in exceptional condition.
So down to me mate Bob to get a new set of wheels & tyres. The roads are **** around here so went back to 18" and what a difference to the way it rides.

King%20Korrupt%201_zpseadbgied.jpg

King%20Korrupt_zpsjcgcc0qi.jpg

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
When it rains it pours. We all wish we could choose when and how much we spend . At least they're some things that are fixed and you don't have to worry about for hopefully a long time. I like those wheels, I recon they look so much better. Looking forward to seeing it with the new bar on.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Very nice mate - looks great

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Had an interesting conversation with the fella that done the RWC on my ute.
Got the better of me and I rang him to see how it passed the RWC on first inspection with some obvious issues - blown exhaust gasket, hole in muffler, front radius bushes and a few other things.
Told me he didn't do an inspection because of the low km's....:banstick:
Long story short - he deposited $1265 in my bank account.