Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS Fifty

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Had an interesting conversation with the fella that done the RWC on my ute.
Got the better of me and I rang him to see how it passed the RWC on first inspection with some obvious issues - blown exhaust gasket, hole in muffler, front radius bushes and a few other things.
Told me he didn't do an inspection because of the low km's....:banstick:
Long story short - he deposited $1265 in my bank account.

Sweet, you have to be happy with that.
He is scared of losing his licence now you called him on it.

R

Risky

There are some lazy mechs unfortunately. At least you got your money.

Still a great looking ute. I have been asking around where I live if anyone knows of any SS 50 badges so I have a few people on the hunt.

We have a lot of guys up here that as soon as they get a car, they de-badge them. You never know, someone might have one floating about.

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Name: Rod
Model: 01 VU SS Fifty
Km: Now 76,000km
Colour: Phantom Black
Engine Type: Gen-III 5.7-litre
Engine Mods: Custom Tune - SS Big Mouth Intake K&N Pod Filter.
Exhaust: Custom 2.5” dual system with Pacemaker Ceramic Extractors, X Pipe design & quad tips.
Suspension: Lowered Pedders Springs & Shocks
Wheels/Tyres: King Korrupt Black Machined Face 18 x 8
Interior: Standard VU SS FIFTY
Other Mods:Tint, Sun Roof, Genuine Monaro Bonnet
Stereo: Kenwood head unit, Amplifier & Rockford Fosgate Speakers
Parts Fitted / Replaced since purchase August 2016: Genuine SS Front Bar & SS Fog Lights, exhaust as old one was rotted, diff repaired, wheels & tyres, Holden badges, springs, custom tune, custom plates, stereo, amp, speakers, right rear bumper & bodywork altered for exhaust outlet.

VU%20SS%2050-1%20Murray%20River_zpseg3qoamr.jpg

VU_zpsd1pf4i2q.jpg

Last edited:

Handza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Fifty
Hi AussieXB12SS, I too am recently a proud owner of a SS Fifty. I too require a badge for the tailgate. ( reversed into a bollard in the first 10seconds of owning it )
Like you, I had no luck getting one from a dealership so i emailed a few companies that make emblems. One company said the could make it but a one off would be very expensive so I thought I'd see what interest there is to get a batch made ? What are your thoughts?

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Hi Handza,

You're gonna absolutely hate me as after much searching I have just gotten home from Melbourne with the last six badges in Australia so I'm told?
Normally I would gladly let one go as I have done with bike parts but I'm thinking these are too precious to let go at the moment.

I had this photo ready to go before I seen your post........not trying to rub it in.

Rare as rocking horse turds!!
IMG_1978_zpsynqga3th.jpg

R

Risky

If I were you I'd start talking to rare spares to do reproductions. or if you know someone that works making stickers for businesses they might be able to reproduce them.

Any chance you can make a full size photo of the emblem to post here. Everyone where I live has been asking me what the look like.

Otherwise, a fantastic score!

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
I was actually thinking of getting the local sign writer that I know to take a scan and see if he can make a reproduction?

When you say full size photo - do you mean attach a photo and not post through Photobucket?

Or do you mean with measurements?

Last edited:

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Handza - I did send Holden Head Office an email on Tuesday asking out of desperation if they had any badges & rear moulded mudflaps lying around in some forgotten dark corner somewhere that I could purchase.

I did get a reply yesterday asking for my VIN number to enable them to search.
If I am lucky enough to get hold of another badge it will be yours.

R

Risky

I was actually thinking of getting the local sign writer that I know to take a scan and see if he can make a reproduction?
When you say full size photo - do you mean attach a photo and not post through Photobucket?
Or do you mean with measurements?

Just a photo showing the whole badge for reference for others who have SS Fifty utes. Ever since you posted that you needed those badges I tried Google images and came up with nothing except the interior showing the yellow embroided seats. Even when I was asking about here I had to draw diagrams cos no one believed me they existed when they looked it up. It was a unique vehicle that Holden came up with but they could have kept a stash of badges in storage. If HSV requires that you own a HSV vehicle to get spares badges then the SS Fifty badge should be the same.

Those badges that you just got are as rare as rocking horse faecal matter. You could name your price on them easily.

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Gotcha. Yep I couldnt find them via Google either and thats why I didn't bother trying to get a sticker made up.

Yes, when I picked them up the fella that found them for me said 'they are gold' and no more left.
Someone ordered them years ago and never picked them up from another Holden dealer.