Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS Help

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
Hi,

Just purchase a VU SS, the engine light has been on ever since i've picked it up, how can i check what the light is on for? i believe in the newer models it's not as simple as bridging the line and counting the flashes...

the other thing is the oil light and beep goes off every now and then... plenty of oil and it's just been serviced... there's no pattern to it, but a few times its happened when braking and turning....?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

the oil light doesnt mean low oil, its low or no oil pressure.
take it to holden or a workshop with a tech2.
engine light could be on coz your oil pressure switch has failed.
have read that ppl's engine's have turned to **** real quick due to no oil pressure.
on the other hand mate has a vs which has had the engine light on for the last 2 years.
but diff engine's will do diff things.

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
yeah i figured the flashing was just low pressure, after the low revs and then the steering pump going would reduce pressure, as for the light, i'm thinking it's something to do with that. or the computer has been chipped and not reset or something maybe?

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

engine light covers the senors etc
get it checked by a tech2 scanner and it will tell you exactly whats gone wrong instead of playing the guessing game and replacing parts that arent at fault.
good luck

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
cheers, yeah i'll take it to the dealer that i got it from and get them to tell me... they should've fixed it anyways.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
yeah sounds like your bcm or your engine sensors and oil pressure is whacked out....

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
that's what i figured, i might post a pic... what's the sensor at the front right of the engine (if looking at it from the front) there's some creative wiring that has been done on that! i'm thinking if the wiring there is dodge it could be causing some probs