Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU UTE (Ghost)

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Hey guys well haven't done much to the ute has my back has been killing me go the last 2 weeks or so now, ok now but haven't been able to do shot all till now,

Basically have found that the diff is fine after all, the noise is coming from the tailshaft, the center bearing has gone completely so is flapping around etc, will be getting a new one fit it next week or so, but also have found that the rear left wheel hub has gone also so up for a replacement for one of those also, apart from that just been resting an enjoying BF4 multiplayer on pc till my back gets become better.

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Hey guys, getting back into the ute, currently just put the stock spring back in (still left front to do) and man it's a 4x4, hate it but its only temp to get through RWC and Rego, will be getting the tailshaft centre bearing fixed next after this.

zSfk6PF.jpg

R

Risky

She looks good for a cheap ute there mate. Have fun with the tailshaft centre bearing. I had to replace the pulley-idler in mine yesterday after when the bearings gave up. They were the original ones as well. Not bad for 240,000kms.

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Hey peeps, not alot has happened over the months, had to use me brake I got for the ute for the sedan has they were getting low and rough (more important with 3 kids in the back daily), recently got some new lights for the trailer which has gotten my interest back into the ute (stupid computer got better of me :D), so after the school holiday should see some more updates on it.

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Hey guys quick update, just brought some new brake stuff again for the ute, slowly getting back ito it again.

Though do need to wait for xmas to use them has they are for xmas presents :D but waiting on rotors anyways.

R

Risky

You'll get there mate, just remember to look for the stuff you want when it's discounted.

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Hey guys, got some standard tail lights for the ute and put then on during the week, just got to find some nuts for the driver side light, has they silicone it in :(, got to also get around to repaint those corner sections has the paint it flaking off..

also got some new Bendix Brakes for it also since they were on special at Supercheap auto, decided to get the brake bleeder also, got to wait for Xmas to use though :D (also get some rotors soon).

Updates to come.

D

devilly

well done :) you should have a big grin thinking of all the money you have saved without paying someone else labor that's what i do occasional :)

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Hey guys still haven't done much to it, been busy with other stuff, just got it a quick clean and charge the battery and finally got around to cleaning the passenger seat, going to swap over the rear control arm since bearing gone on it etc and was cheap then getting new bearing pushed out and new one in....

https://imgur.com/ZtVsA67
https://imgur.com/04ZGnoE

Also fixed me little camber issue on the front passenger wheel, chewed the tyre slightly :D
Camber -
https://imgur.com/gallery/wG9oy
Camber +
https://imgur.com/gallery/qXtw4