Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU UTE (Ghost)

R

Risky

I'd give that bugger the flushing of it's life.

My old Datsuns I had years ago suffered the same thing.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Maybe it's the camera or my eyes but the oil looks pink. Coupled with the slow shifts
from the gearbox it could be the trans cooler thats let go. Not an uncommon thing to happen
on commy's of our vintage.

Whats the trans oil look like?

Sometimes it doesnt leak that way though and only ends up in the rad.

Be worth having a good look at that oil in the rad and making sure this isnt whats happened.

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Nah trans oil bright red, was the manifold gasket gone, both coolant passages on the gasket were dead and oil was getting into it from there.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
No doubt the inlet gasket was stuffed, but that **** under the cap looks pink. Ive been in the radiator trade
a long time and thats what it looks like when the trans cooler lets go. Could be the camera angle but it looks
pink.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
looking at the first pic..

mmm want a mocca now..

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Hey guys, not much of a update, but that's parts vx I was getting...well not no more, mate I was getting off decided to block me on facebook and ignore all me txt messages, obviously he sold it and didn't want to tell me or something, anyways manage to get a standard vx bar today, still looking for some guards but all in due time.

Also the misses VX decided to blow the radiator last night, so obviously the issue layed there, got another radiator for it gotta put it in tomorrow has using my radiator from me ute atm (which will need to replace also has also has cracks on the side tank), will post pictures when I get the time to do it, also have been cleaning me shed out finally, looking way better then it looked the other day.

R

Risky

The buy/swap/sell pages on FB are ok to a point. I had one guy jerking me about for 2.5 months selling a genuine twin hump lid from his VZ ute. He put the ad up I told him I'd pay the price he was asking & he kept stuffing me about saying that he needed it to secure his tools, then there was he was selling the ute minus the ute lid & in the end after waiting 3 weeks for a reply message, he told me he sold the ute with the lid. I gave him a mouthful, reported him to the admin of the page as the ad was still up & he's now blocked from selling from 4 different pages. Still I have no ute lid for the project build and the reason why I wanted this one was it was local. The only other places that have them are Sydney.

Keep hunting about as heron white is a popular colour. Even if you buy a cheap white VX sedan, at least you can strip it for parts.