Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU Ute Series II V6 Auto - Tailshaft Centre Bearing - What's different to other models

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
I bought a centre bearing off ebay and picked the cheapest one and the seller has posted it but says it will not fit my Ute. When I look at other listings they include the VU but this one only includes For Holden Commodore VX VY VZ V6 Berlina Ute Wagon Drive Shaft Centre Bearing.

If it has VX and also has Ute in the description I was thinking it will fit. When I look at other listings that fit the VU they include the VX VY VZ too

Is there something different or could the seller just be forgetting to add the VU to the vehicles it will fit.

I paid for this one it should be here in a couple of days
For Holden Commodore VX VY VZ V6 Berlina Ute Wagon Drive Shaft Centre Bearing
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Hol...Wagon-Drive-Shaft-Centre-Bearing/372693509283

and here is one that includes VU but I can't see what the difference would be!
TAILSHAFT CENTER BEARING TO SUIT HOLDEN COMMODORE UTE VU VUII VY VZ - V6
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TAILSHA...N-COMMODORE-UTE-VU-VUII-VY-VZ-V6/121571783047

And here is another one they all seem the same
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tailsha...modore-V6-VX-VY-VZ-Wagon-Ute-NEW/252273150230

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mate my advice to you is bin it, it will be shithouse!!! I paid 150 bucks labour to have an aftermarket one fitted. Less than three months after install it blew on my way home. No mob reception, so I had to drive 15km going 5kph with the shaft smashing around. It ruined the shaft, meaning I had to buy a SH shaft and have that rebuilt. Some things the only way to go is gen, and TS bearings are one of these occasions.

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
Mate my advice to you is bin it, it will be shithouse!!! I paid 150 bucks labour to have an aftermarket one fitted. Less than three months after install it blew on my way home. No mob reception, so I had to drive 15km going 5kph with the shaft smashing around. It ruined the shaft, meaning I had to buy a SH shaft and have that rebuilt. Some things the only way to go is gen, and TS bearings are one of these occasions.

your advice does not answer my question about the difference between the ones I have posted about.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
your advice does not answer my question about the difference between the ones I have posted about.

No and I wasn't wanting too, I was merely offering some friendly advice. ;);)Take it or leave it makes no difference to me. BTW if you spent the $75 on a gen bearing instead of the POS you bought it would have been guaranteed to fit, just saying.

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
No and I wasn't wanting too, I was merely offering some friendly advice. ;);)Take it or leave it makes no difference to me. BTW if you spent the $75 on a gen bearing instead of the POS you bought it would have been guaranteed to fit, just saying.

I don't need you to tell me I could have bought a genuine one. I will just wait for some normal person to answer the question instead of go on about something else

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
Last edited:

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
I got an update from the seller.. as I suspected just cheap ass chinese seller didn't know a VU Ute existed

I\'m really sorry about the confusion caused by our manufaturer, who gave us an incomplete fitment list. After confirmation, you did the correct order from us, but since you\'ve bought another one from another seller, you could reject the parcel and we give you a full refund. And we\'ve registered you as our VIP customer, you may enjoy some priority in our store. Once again pls accept our apologies for our mistake.