Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vu v6 Auto towing

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Turbocharge for more torque and get to speed quicker! Will use less fuel in the long run ;) lol

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I know its a bit of an old thread, but just wondering how you went with your towing?
I am currently pulling 2000kgs of trailer and excavator with a VT wagon v6 auto with 2-400kgs in the back and mine hates it!! Its ok when moving but getting it moving is causing me issues, like average fuel is sitting around 25L/100.
Seriously looking at lower diff gears and "stage 1" cam as the missus wont let me get a proper tow vehicle in the near future

Do some research and find out what the fine is for pulling that sort of weight behind a vehicle that is not suitable for the job (eg VT pulling/loaded with 2200-2400 kg's) do the sums of how many times you need to get caught and/or not be able to stop and have a major accident and then put it to the missus that it's going to be cheaper in the long run to get a suitable vehicle (ok 2100 kg's is the max towing capacity of a VT when the trailer is equipped with brakes and the suspension is upgraded to suit but loading the car even more... you're crazy)

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
Just tow and see how you go, lol. Mine tows double horse floats with horses, the only mod I have is a tranny oil cooler.