Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vu v6 manual CAI

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
Is the mace CAI package a good Idea as in the CAI, performance plenum, and manifold insulator or is the CAI enough?

djc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII - 'S Pack' - Manual
I have a VT V6 Manual with a Growler CAI. It made an improvement in how the car responded and felt a bit more peppy. Have heard good reports on the MACE product though. A lot cheaper than the growler. The manifold insulator is meant to increase manifold air quantity, people are saying that it helps with low down torque. They aren't that expensive so it would depend on your budget really.

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
Well I'm only a p plater and I want hidden upgrades so I'll prob just get the insulator cause you can't really hide a CIA inside the factory box unless you chop the bottom so it still looks factory or wouldn't that really work?

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
I know but it doesn't look factory and if a cop looks under the bonnet wouldn't he be able to pick it out

djc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII - 'S Pack' - Manual
Honestly can't say that they would be that picky. Having said that, what state are you from?

Regardless if they did or not the tidy MACE box looks a darn sight better than a dirty pod filter just sitting there sucking in hot air.

djc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII - 'S Pack' - Manual
Other things to consider are High Ratio Rockers. Hidden mod. If you are DIY.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Lol hidden mods. Don't be silly mate. If you have to sneak around the law to get it done, don't bother doing it.

Or if you're stressing over it, then don't bother.