Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU / VY ute tray / sailplane drain tubes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore, vx Berlina
A while ago I had a black tube drop out from underneath the tray. At the time I put it behind the seat and forgot about it. Recently I have had some water leaks in the cab and and tray so I have done some investigation. One drain tube was detached and the other was still behind the seat. I couldn't find a decent write up so here is what I did (with images) :

1. Remove the tray liner (if you have one) remove the fuel tank access panel (phillips head screws)

2. Remove the side access panels (phillips head screws) You will be able to see the tube running down through the side access (mine was loose & detached)
This will allow you access to the bottom of the tubes where they go through the tray to empty out underneath. (this is important later to route the tubes after repair)

1.jpg

3. Remove the top of the sail pane plastic panel - held on by clips only ( Brake Light panel in SS)
Remove the rear / side panels of the sail plane one phillips crew on each side at the top and clips in on rest.
2.jpg

4. You should then be able to see the drain hole near the bottom corner of the rear windscreen.

3.jpg

5. The original tubes seem to have been only held into this hole by a slight flare and obviously they fall through eventually.

4.jpg

6. I wanted a simple fix so I opted to glue some flexible tube (bunnings) around the outside of the end of the existing tube to create a flange (not trimmed to size in pic)

5.jpg

7 Trim repair to size.

8. Drop tubes in from the top and use the side access panel to route the tubes through the the exit hole in the floor of the tray. (near the convoluted tray drain tube seen in pic one)

9. Check tubes are seated properly to flange (silicone in if needed)

10. Reassemble in reverse order.

11. Finished. Enjoy cold beverage of choice.

Reactions: Lex