Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] VU-VY-VZ Ute Custom Fiberglass Sub Box - For twin 12"s in tray NEED IT GONE!

JT Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
ITEM: Custom in tray, fiberglass and MDF sub box

CONDITION: Used

PRICE: Make an offer

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD, Direct Deposit, Funds Transfer

CONTACT DETAILS: PM

OTHER INFO: The box is a bandpass enclosure, so it has a sealed box at the rear of the subs and ported area at the front. With the port shooting down through the area next to the fuel tank, and very effectively, into the cabin.

The construction included 2 2400x1200 25mm thick sheets of MDF and 6 layers of fiberglass (very thick and solid)

The box is carpeted and the fiberglass is painted gloss white, it has 10mm prison perspex to protect the speakers from being damaged at any time (this stuff it strong! you cant bend the 10mm stuff very much, but even the 3-5mm stuff cant shatter and can bend back on itself and it wont snap)
I got the perspex so I could load up the ute without damaging anything, but it hasn't been on for a while as i haven't needed it.

There's also a white LED strip light that is controlled in the cabin, it looks awesome at night when the white glass and the subs is all you can see.

The box is designed to take 2 alpine PDX amps and 2 12 inch subs
The sounds gear will not be coming with the box, unless an offer is made that I cannot refuse :bomb:

Just some answers before people ask after looking at the photos, the reason that the carpet is sitting off the MDF is because i have been meaning to take the sub box out since I last took off the perspex. But I'm lazy so I just stapled the carpet back on, not that it hurts it. That's why there is MDF showing in a few pictures. And in one high exposure pic you can see all the staples, which I can't even see when looking at the box.

There's probably stuff I have forgotten, but if your keen and want some more specs/info, let me know.

PICTURES:
subbox 8.jpgsubbox 7.jpgsubbox 6.jpgsubbox 4.jpgsubbox 3.jpgsubbox 2.jpgsubbox 1.jpg

JT Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Please make an offer someone!! Need it gone! Also have a VZ single din adapter, stock VZ headunit and front pillar plastics I was going to use to custom mount tweeters

JT Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Ok, Hopefully I can get some interest if I put up some prices!

SUB BOX - $200 (cost way more than this just in materials)
Stock Headunit - $50
A pillar plastics - $30 for the set
Single DIN head unit adapter (painted black) -$10

Last edited: