Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VW Golf vs VT Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

GROWLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Clubsport
Just a quick useless question but what are in those golf's....I raced one tonight, wasn't sure if it was a GTI or what, do those things come out with a turbo or something? but jeez not bad for a 4 cylinder... On the freeway with speed which i wont mention i looked in my mirror and couldn't see him but when i backed off he was catching me quick....The dude just wouldn't leave me alone...Then we were going over this hill and i stayed in 3rd and it took a few seconds to catch him....Just curious has anyone ever driving one of those things?

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Must of been a good driver, did u go over 100? if not .. that my be your problem.. over that speed your ride should be ripin out allot of kwatts.

Did the car sound like it had any mods?

It could be the VT :p

Nah, yah lucky he didnt eat yah for dinner..

Those new 4 cyl of 21st century do have some good pickup.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
There is a model called the R32, which is a 4WD V6 and are known for being pretty quick, i have a feeling thats what you were up against, and damn, if i had the cash, ill have a blie one thank :thumbsup:

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
GROWLZ said:
Just a quick useless question but what are in those golf's....I raced one tonight, wasn't sure if it was a GTI or what, do those things come out with a turbo or something? but jeez not bad for a 4 cylinder... On the freeway with speed which i wont mention i looked in my mirror and couldn't see him but when i backed off he was catching me quick....The dude just wouldn't leave me alone...Then we were going over this hill and i stayed in 3rd and it took a few seconds to catch him....Just curious has anyone ever driving one of those things?
You must try harder.Don't ever let a 4 cylinder buzz box again get the better of you.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Can't believe there are idiots on the road that still do this....

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Both the MK5 GTI and the MK5 R32 do 0-100kph in under 7 seconds with the DSG gearbox and they will both go on to about 240kph (AFAIK the R32 is limited to 246kph). When I had my old MK2 GTI (just a 1.8 litre normally aspirated one) it would embarrass a lot of more expensive machinery on trackdays.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
minux said:
Can't believe there are idiots on the road that still do this....

what exactley would you be winging about this time??

Status
Not open for further replies.