Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX 10-stack CD player question.

Chev_350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Hello all,

Recently got a VX Calais with a Maestro series 260 Watt 10 Disc CD changer. Now do these things play mp3 CDs? As they were the first CDs I tried to play it. They didn't work and I got the error code E-99.

Just today when I got the car serviced by a Holden dealer, I got them to check out the CD player, I put an old "real" CD of mine in it. When I picked it up they said they had reset the system, sure enough it worked. I got home put the 2 mp3 CDs in and well E-99 came up again. Do mp3 CDs lock the computer up and how can I reset my self, I have tried holding in on/off for 6 seconds but still E-99 comes up.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
You can disconnect the wiring connector at the stacker, These units had some faults.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Oh dear, stop playing mp3 cd's in them, it is what is causing the code...surely people know this......

Chev_350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Oh dear, stop playing mp3 cd's in them, it is what is causing the code...surely people know this......

so just to confirm this mp3 cds will cause the e99 code and the system to lock up, so if I can get it working again and put in just "real" CDs it will work fine?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
so just to confirm this mp3 cds will cause the e99 code and the system to lock up, so if I can get it working again and put in just "real" CDs it will work fine?

Just pull the stacker lead that goes into the stacker, this will cut the power to the stacker and reset it. I believe on Sony systems an E-99 code means jammed cd, i presume itis a standard code across brand names.

Chev_350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Just pull the stacker lead that goes into the stacker, this will cut the power to the stacker and reset it. I believe on Sony systems an E-99 code means jammed cd, i presume itis a standard code across brand names.

ok now I don't want to seem like a moron, but I have tried it and its not working, but something has got to work because Holden managed to reset it yesterday.

Now, when you pull the power from the stacker is the car on or off?

SLAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
If it's the same unit as the VT2, I think you have to leave the stacker unplugged for a period of time. Try it over night and it may reset to default settings.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
There's a micro reset on the headunit. I haven't done it for about 18 months, so I'll have a look in the handbook tonight on how to do it.

And like others have said, it doesn't play MP3 CD's so stop doing it!!

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
To reset the micrcomputer in the headunit press and hold the OFF button for longer than 6 seconds. That will reset the fault code.