Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX 2 to VX 1 Cruise Stalk Conversion

trelos05

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought a series 2 VX indicator/cruise stalk to put in my series 1 VX. Now I realise there is a wiring difference, and after many searches can only find a VR to VX2 conversion diagram. Sorry if I missed something but has anyone done it recently and if so much drama? Know how to get it all apart more interested in the nuts and bolts wiring changes. Thanks In Advance.

Trelos

M

mwb235

Last edited by a moderator:

trelos05

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply it was your diagram I was refering to. Just another quick one before I pull it all to bits, the cable with the conector on the end that comes off the satlk is a different connection. Just a case of wiring in the old lead? Thanks

M

mwb235

Thanks for the reply it was your diagram I was refering to. Just another quick one before I pull it all to bits, the cable with the conector on the end that comes off the satlk is a different connection. Just a case of wiring in the old lead? Thanks

I know the one you mention - from memory the two pins are in the same position, it's just the slots and lugs are in different positions. I don't have a picture of them, but i've drawn a diagram showing the difference - hopefully it makes sense.

If your plugs/sockets don't match you have two options - modify one of the plugs OR sockets, or cut off the plugs on the new stalks and wire in the plugs off your old stalks. The only downside of the latter method is you can't sell the old stalks (i.e. now missing plugs), so modifying is probably best. Unless of course you can cut off some plugs off a VXII/VY/VZ wreck (Pick 'N' Payless in Blacktown NSW for example let you do this).

If you modify your exisiting socket, you just need to carefully cut a new slot in the opposite corner to the existing slot (with a razor blade/stanley knife etc). Or, if you modify the plug on the new stalks, just cut off the top lug. Modifying the socket is probably best though, because modifying the plug like i described means it could be connected the wrong way around.

Attachments

• VR-VS-VT-VX stalk connectors.jpg
    VR-VS-VT-VX stalk connectors.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited by a moderator: