Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX 2000 Wagon V6 Executive

slippergypsy221

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY S
Hey guys, I have a list of problems with my car
so lets get this going then shall we!

1. after planting it (doesn't matter under what condition) and taking it to redline (its auto) upon coming to idle the engine will start to feel like its gonna stall, like shaking and feels like its running on low fuel but this really only lasts for a few minutes and completely stops once the car is rolling at a cruisy speed (~25 km/h) or if i turn the car off for 10 or so seconds - i think it may be a fuel pump problem because>>>>>>>

2. sometimes on startup (also sporadic) it feels very...lets say heavy and stuggles to start, although it will always start, if i punch the pedal after startup struggle it still glugs a bit and feels like it does in problem one...would it be safe to say a fuel pump?

3. air bag light on dash - this annoying little light only seems to come on when i start the car and its cold, it will do its beep and turn off and then come back on and beep again and it will do this a couple times and then either stop or it will stay on for a bit longer and then turn off, usually it stops once the heater warms up - im thinking a connection somewhere is having a problem with the cold located near the fire wall or the air passages

4. drivers seat rocks - sometimes (if i sit in the right spot, which i seem to do a lot) under acceleration the drivers seat will rock back (due to inertia) i dont think its a problem with the backrest but a problem with the actual seat, i think a bolt is loose somewhere on the underside, but ive looked and cant see any bolts that could be the problem, has this happened to anyone else or do they know where the bolt is, if you give me a rough idea like 'front left between the middle and front of the seat' would be great

5. cigarette lighter keeps blowing fuses (even when nothing is plugged in it and nothing metal touches it) im guessing its a short somewhere, is this a usual problem? ive looked behind the dash and all connections to the lighter are fine, is it the lighter itself or a busted wire?

thats all the problems i can think of so far, hopefully you guys can help me C:

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2000 VT S Pac "Gold Nugget"
First couple sounds like a definite fuel problem. Before thinking its the pump, when was the last time your fuel filter was changed?

Air bag, take it to someone and get them to check it

Driver's seat, check the bolts and tighten if necessary

Cigarette lighter, change it, they are prone to shorting out internally

slippergypsy221

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY S
sorry for my much delayed response :p

not long after posting carried out service new filters, plugs, leads and coolant, shaking problem is now fixed :spot on:

drivers seat still not fixed, just havent had time and havent really been paying much attention to the rocking so that ones fine for now

and the lighter, should i get genuine or will a aftermarket part do just fine? i did buy one from SCA a while back but could not for the life of me figure out how it was supposed to be wired up and in the end gave it to a mate with a lighter problem too

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
the air bag light staying on can only be cleared with a scanner
some can have it done cheap others not ... auto ellecy or mate with scanner
ultra tune offered to do mine for a price I thought was too high

disconnect the battery before playing with the air bag or it will blow in your face

replace the fuel filter when you get time

startup problems ... a common fault..... several fixes
..I just fitted new battery terminals today and its starts fine ...for now
to take out a starter motor ..you dont wanna know

lighter .. hey whatever fits and does the job .. not to blow fuses