Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX 2002 possible blown gasket.

Allgoodnamestaken

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Commodore
Back to the trustworthy Forums.

So, i have a 2002 VX S2 drove it to work before Christmas drove awesome than went to go home and it died well not died but it idled like a pig.

I have had 4 blokes come out and look at it each of them telling me their own version of events, such as vac leak, new leads and plugs, fuel reg, fuel filter etc.

But when i pulled the oil dipstick out it had condensation on it and if you have half a brain that means water and oil don't mix, i've taken each spark plug out turned it over none of the cylinders have water in it. So it could be a Manafold gasket?

I decided to bite the bullet and tow it to a work shop, ( towie will be here soon ) so at the moment i'm waiting to go. But my point is could a manafold gasket leak water into the engine?

Sorry if i sound stupid, but this might be a good post to help someone with the same issue as me who intends to keep their Ecotec without spending $6k on a VE like i just did lol

D

devilly

any oil in coolant ? any loss of power ?any white smoke from exhaust ?