Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
I've been searching for a VX Commodore seat but can't find one in very good condition so I'm wondering what are my other options.

Are there aftermarket seats available that would meet the vehicles safety standards and if so who makes them.

Last edited:

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
i havnt herd of any after market seats that dont need a engineers certificate as there is modifaction needed to fit most after market seats

try track down a set of HSV colsion seats

get a good set for a round $1100 just keep an eye on evil bay ( ebay )

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Might pay to search a little more thoroughly, going to a wreckers would be my first option, VX's are old enough now for there to be plenty of them around, also keep an eye on the for-sale forums on here there are always people wrecking cars of all kinds. Failing those two options, check ebay...usually quite a few sets of seats on there...rarely will they be selling just one seat though...more often 2 seats (ute set) or the full 2 front 1 back (sedan).

This was from one search on Ebay, I think you need to look a little harder. - VX seats | eBay

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Every VX at the wreckers I've come across is either already gone or stuffed and yes there has been some on Ebay but always too far away.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Every VX at the wreckers I've come across is either already gone or stuffed and yes there has been some on Ebay but always too far away.

That's what postage is for.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Also...I forgot to ask...what is wrong with the one you"ve got?, if it's just the cushion/trim you can get it retrimmed and new cushion and probably save a fair bit of $$.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
I haven't seen anyone who is willing to post or freight the seats but then again I would'nt be willing to purchase sight unseen.
I've posted a wanted add in here for a single or a pair of seats between Mackay and Bundaberg that we could go see and pickup.

Mine have the cushions squashed and trim well worn because before having my Lap Band fitted I was 170kgs and now that I'm 120kgs heading for 90kgs I need a safer seat
and I was quoted $600 locally to have mine repaired using new cushions and covering.
What I would love is a pair of the VX Monaro seats in leather and I have seen them advertised for $1,200 which is fair but then again sight unseen.

Update - Saturday 26.05.12, still no luck with the seat but I do have my name down for a pair of the VX Monaro ones, even if they need repairing
Update - Saturday 06.10.12 still no lock with the seat, several offers though nut always too far away and all the wreckers I asked have never returned my call when a seat is available.

Last edited: