Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Acclaim Bonnet Switch?

Yande

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
backend 290k.jpg
VX Alarm problems..

Yes, as VT&VX said, "Don’t muck around with this switch..."

I did touch the switch, hence some 9 months later I have just found the problem to my intermittent Alarm warnings. I didn’t use it for lighting or anything, but the original connection, which I pulled apart, came loose.

Counting the Alarm flashes. I used the Original GMH Book, (in the glove box) and it told me under ALARM: - 3 flashes meant bonnet, etc.. Can't specifically remember the others, so not havin' a guess here. That was after…

The connection had seperated when I opened it up this evening after 2 hour trip up the Clyde to Canberra to see my 95 Dad and back down later in the afternoon. Nice drive from the Bay to Braidwood. As Matt Finnish said.. "It just goes on and on, like Coast Roads and Bad TV!" Telling Dad about yesterday morning, at the Markets, where I work, floggin’ me nuts every Saturday morning. I roast and sell nuts, like... Macadamias.. Those kind..

TWICE, I was seen bounding to within 4 meters of me car, so I could kill the screeching horn..Beeep! Beeep! Beeep! Not the best of looks…. For the car that is. It’s all I got, car wise.. Other priorities I guess.... I love her..... my wife.. That is.
Anyways

Problem Solved. Pulled switch apart, made restorations.. and didn’t take any pics.. bugger..

Last edited:

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Haha I was about the say, far from obsolete.

Stattogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman
Hey I own a 04 WL statesman having issue with the alarm going off at random times. The dash is saying bonnet alarm. I've notice that there's no bonnet sensor there or wiring to it. Could that be what's setting the alarm off? Thank you

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Looks about right, are the wires underneath where the bonnet catch goes. U should see a square hole with a screw hole under that is where the wire is.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If its going off it must be floating around touching earth. The vx has a red with white stripe and a yellow and black strip not sure if it be the same on WL.

Stattogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman
This is a picture of mine. There's nothing no wires

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311-120633_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200311-120633_Gallery.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20200311-120633_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200311-120633_Gallery.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 101