Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Acclaim Fuel Filter

blindcant

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Acclaim 3.8l v6
G'day,

Just a quick question about the Fuel Filter and getting it off. I tried for about half an hour to get the fuel filter off with a plastic tool that I bought from repco and a pair of plyers and it just would not come off. I didn't want to keep trying as it felt as though I was just going to break it the plug on the end. I don't think this thing has been changed for at least 5 years, maybe since the car was new in 2001. Has anyone else had a problem getting the fuel filter off, and if you were able to get it off, how did you do it? Is there any trick to doing it? Also if I just clamp the lines and break the plug on the end, how hard is it going to be to replace it? I would really like to change this filter but not pay to have it done as well every other fuel filter I have ever changed has been a 5 minute job, tops.

blindcant.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Push the connector towards the filter, squeeze the tangs and pull hard away from filter. Works for me, no special tools required.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
As above, this is also how the workshop manual says to do it.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Make sure you depressurize the fuel system before attempting to remove the filter . Just remove the relay from under the bonnet then turn the motor over for about 20 seconds . Don't forget to replace it when the jobs done .