Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx airbag light

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2, vr executive bt1
i have a 01 vx executive and we pulled out the drivers seat to change the cushion part and once put back in the airbag light has been on ever since. and now after being at mechanics 3 times they say i need a new seat becasue a sensor in the seat is worn. it has a airbag in the seat. i have had no luck with finding a drivers seat with a airbag in it. if you know where i could get one could you please let me know. but im considering pullng the speedo out and removing the bulb for the light. how do i remove the speedo? and if i remove the bulb will it deploy air bags?
cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Removing the bulb won't deploy the airbags and you will still get the annoying chime. I don't think there is a sensor in the seat, it's in the door pillar. I didn't think Executives had side air bags.
Next time, disconnect the battery before working on the SRS system to avoid the air bag warning. Did they try resetting the light?

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
i just need the light off while my partner goes for her ps test. my partners father did the seat swap while i was at work.good on him. well i didnt think executives did either but it has been optioned for it. so even if the seat does have airbags is there a sensoe in the seat then?

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
they did reset it everytime. but it keeps coming back on casue they said the cushion on the seat has worn and is touching the sensor or something?

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
I have the same issue and in my VX and my old VT holden reset it for around 100 bucks (rip off) or you can leave your battery out over night then connect it but not garenteed to work.

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
yea i got the same problem, i took the seat out and forgot to diconnect the battery.
i looked in a holden manual at the libary and it reckoned to lock the steering lock on, remove key and diconect battery for a while to reset?? i havent had time to try yet.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
1. You can't reset airbag DTCs by disconnecting the battery.

2. As accentstencil says, there is no airbag sensor in the seat. System components are:
* Sensing and diagnostic module - located under the centre console (airbag DTCs are stored here in EEPROM)
* Peripheral acceleration sensor (side air bag sensor) - located at the bottom of the "B" pillars on each side
* Clock spring coil assembly - located in the steering wheel assembly
* Side airbag module assembly - located in each front seat

It sounds like the wiring to the side airbag module assembly may have been disturbed. A Tech2 or equivalent tool can both read the DTCs (hopefully telling you precisely what is wrong) and reset the codes.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
the problem is you disconnected the pre tensioner (stalk) without disconnecting both battery leads

P4tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII
Hi, I have a Spare Side Air Bag Assy if you still need one

Cheers