Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx all warning lights

Allwarninglights

Reaction score
Members Ride
zx commodore
Problem started when alternator started over charging 20v's which cooked the battery, after replacing alternator and battery $600.00 the same thing happened both were replaced under warranty which seems OK now but now all warning lights come on and alarms go off and thermo fans come on, I've read some similar posts and have tried fuses earth connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
search abs module

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Unplug your ABS harness if the light don't go out you might have more problems like ecu or bcm cooked.

Allwarninglights

Reaction score
Members Ride
zx commodore
Unplug your ABS harness if the light don't go out you might have more problems like ecu or bcm cooked.
I unplugged the harness, all lights still on. The more I read about other's problems the angrier I get at Holden : 1. I run out of Fuel when gauge shows half full. Obviously computer related. 2. Engine running rough, running way too fast at idle it's dangerous in enclosed car parks and consuming unnecessary fuel. Sorry I could go on but I'm getting off subject. I've removed abs module and I'm trying to re-solder.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
nearly 20 year old electrics, hard to get too angry at Holden over that - a lot of the parts are made by people like Bosch. The ABS module is supplied to many manufacturers including BMW, Volvo, VW and they all have the same issue. Blame Bosch!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The more I read about other's problems the angrier I get at Holden
Cant blame Holden on a overcharging alternator, Should of stopped driving the car once the light came on not continue driving cooking the battery..
U going to have to test all the fuses, relays, earth points, main wires and volts at the PCM and ECU. Probably better off getting a complete pair from a wreakers with key fob matching your cars BCM numbers.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I unplugged the harness, all lights still on. The more I read about other's problems the angrier I get at Holden : 1. I run out of Fuel when gauge shows half full. Obviously computer related. 2. Engine running rough, running way too fast at idle it's dangerous in enclosed car parks and consuming unnecessary fuel. Sorry I could go on but I'm getting off subject. I've removed abs module and I'm trying to re-solder.
number 1, check charging voltage
number 2, 20 year old car with poor maintenance, blame last owner
number 3, most likely cheap aftermarket fuel sender, or mechanic damaged sender float, not likely computer
number 4, running rough, and fast idle sounds like vacuum leak
number 5, dont try to repair abs if it is not the fault, the wires are thinner than human hair