Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX antenna

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Hi, been looking but cannot find much on it, I had issues with signal picking up and was advised to replace the power antenna, I got one off Ebay and when I hooked it up then turned the car on the mast went up but won't go down, the one I removed was an aerpro AP971 and the one I have said it fits 97-2006 commodore models.
So, what I did was cut the green wire and grey wire inside the kick panel and ran a constant power to green and the other to amp activation wire, now it goes up and down but the thing I wanting to find out is why did Holden use 2 different units or was I lied too and sold the incorrect one? Also, will it hurt running it this way by passing the ECU like getting interference from getting 12v continues to the mask? Was there a reason Holden did it this way?
Any advice be appreciated.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
You can probably reinstall the old aerial if you want. Odds are the signal problem was being caused by a bad earth. It's really common. Take a look at the connection and apply some new solder. Should be fine.
Been there, done that, bought the tshirt.