Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx audio steering wheel buttons

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
One of my steering wheel audio buttons fell off afew months ago (buttom left) and i dont know whether i should search wreckers for the specific button i need & try to prying it out with a flathead or buy a complete new set for both sides off ebay for $50-$65 wanted to know whats involved in fitting a new set if i need to obviously the airbag fuse needs to come out before i attempt it but im unsure which fuse IS for the airbag & how to take off the face of the steering wheel to fit a new set of buttons any ideas would be apreciated

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
One of my steering wheel audio buttons fell off afew months ago (buttom left) and i dont know whether i should search wreckers for the specific button i need & try to prying it out with a flathead or buy a complete new set for both sides off ebay for $50-$65 wanted to know whats involved in fitting a new set if i need to obviously the airbag fuse needs to come out before i attempt it but im unsure which fuse IS for the airbag & how to take off the face of the steering wheel to fit a new set of buttons any ideas would be apreciated

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-steering-wheel-controls-stereo-upgrade.61125 TRY THIS THREAD...GOOD LUCK

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
My steering wheel buttons stopped working just after I got the car.

dunky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina V6
Mine were missing from the left side when I bought my VX Lumina. Went to a Holden dealer and bought the packet of 6 buttons (both sides, can't be bought individually) and just pushed them in place with the help of a small thin screwdriver. They simply click into place. Use patience and a gentle but firm press. I didn't disconnect anything. No need to remove the pod.

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
can you remember what the buttons cost?

drelix

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 2005
Hey my button just popped off and is still sort attached to the main thing but lose is there a way to pop it back in and how is it fitted i dont want to break anything ....
or do i have to replace the whole thing
any information would help