Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Auto Trans lag/problem

Toxicity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack 01
VX Throttle Position sensor (sticking open)

Was wayyy off the first time, did an error check!

g'day fellas,i own a vx s pack 01 model thats auto with 210,000 on the clock, i lost my licence for a few months for being a naughty little vegemite, and in the 3 months its been sitting there i'd start it up every 2 weeks or so when i remembered,
It drives along normal, takes off great, but when i slow right down to a stop, and let the idle slowly push me forward, it coughes and splutters

Did the Error Check Test and It indicated My Throttle Position Sensor was sticking open? can anyone tell me exactly what this means! and how to fix it
cheers, Tys

Last edited:

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh change it to PWR mode over ECO and it will change the shift points. Which is what i was saying.

Toxicity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack 01
well i went for quick drive, with the PWR button on, she behaves A+ very resposive and all is normal, i will check records when auto fluid was changed last (if i dont know how to do something i dont do it) does this indicate a fault ?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
the shift points may also be different when cold so have you tried also after the car is warmed up to normal operating temperature? Most holden manuals state to change the trans oil and filter every 80,000km

Toxicity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack 01
well i cant find the book right now, it was warm when i first noticed the lag,