Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX back seat fold down?

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
Hello,
I have a VX exec and i woundered if i could put my back seat down? I see hinges at the buttom, but i is definetly bolted in and there are no buttons. Is it easy or hard to do?
It for my surf board to fit.
Thanks

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
you can only fold down the middle part of the seat. there is a button, in the centre at the top. The whole back seat itself can not be folded down, as I have pulled mine apart several times and its a massive one peice that clips into place.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
how hard is it to pull apart and remove? i go away on trips a fair bit and it would really help to have no rear seat if possible, and easy.

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
yeah why not! Falcons do this standard. go Ford!!

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
To pull it apart is fairly easy... there are two pull things between the seat and the floor. You pull on them, the bottom part of the seat unclips, you just take it out. The back part of the seat is bolted on to the chassis so you will have to unbolt a couple of bolts and then push it up to get it off the hooks.

When putting it back together the back part of the seat is easy, as you just hang it on the hooks, and bolt it back on. The bottom part of the seat you have to position it and then push the area where there clips are towards the back of the car, that part is a bit tricky.

I am assuming that you want them to fold down so they give you access to the boot? It wont give you much more access to the boot, because the cabin is separated from the boot by metal.

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
does anyone know of a reason why it is like this?
How come fords fold down?