Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx berlina, ls1 6 speed, cranking issue

Donny94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
Hey Have recently done a ls1 6speed conversion on on my series 2 vx berlina that was originally v6, all ls1 running gear came from my old vy ls1, the vats is removed from the system & it ran in my vy, I've used a vx ls1 loom, the vats removed ecu & pcm from the vy ls1 & the original bcm & key fob from my vx berlina as it's a lux one, now I'm having trouble getting it to crank/wind over, if you turn the key like normal it won't attempt to wind, reds & all dash lights work but I have a 'x' symbol on climate control screen, it will only wind over if you turn the key really quick then it will just cut winding? I've tried everything I've read on forums on here & it's still the same, anyone had similar issues?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey Have recently done a ls1 6speed conversion on on my series 2 vx berlina that was originally v6, all ls1 running gear came from my old vy ls1, the vats is removed from the system & it ran in my vy, I've used a vx ls1 loom, the vats removed ecu & pcm from the vy ls1 & the original bcm & key fob from my vx berlina as it's a lux one, now I'm having trouble getting it to crank/wind over, if you turn the key like normal it won't attempt to wind, reds & all dash lights work but I have a 'x' symbol on climate control screen, it will only wind over if you turn the key really quick then it will just cut winding? I've tried everything I've read on forums on here & it's still the same, anyone had similar issues?
Is the PCM & BCM, key fob, from the same car? If not, they will have to be linked?

Donny94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
Is the PCM & BCM, key fob, from the same car? If not, they will have to be linked?
Do they all need to be linked even if the vats is removed?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nope can have vats removed on pcm if from another car but still need matching key fob/bcm....should work fine.

My vy sv8 has mafless tune put in a pcm from some seppo vehicle.

I'd be putting a scanner on it to check fault codes help narrow down issue & also go over everything once again hoping for fluke fix.

Reactions: Lex