Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina ls1 TPS problems?!

theFurn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
First time poster guys, be gentle :p

So I've gotten this car off a mate, its had some work done, heads, cam, tuned to about 270 maffless tune otr all that jazz.

Now the car seems to be having a tps issue, but it happens very intermittently I could be cruising along no problems car will shift properly, accelerate properly. Then once I come to a stop and the car is sitting at the lights for a little the engine light will come on and the car won't accelerate properly, changes gears quick etc.

I've pulled up the code and it says " p0121 TPS/PEDAL POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE " I've tried two different tps sensors, done the sensor reset where you unplug turn on off all that jazz.

Anyone else come across this problem?! It's driving me nuts.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I'd start by tracing back the loom to see if it's frayed or damaged anywhere if you haven't done that already.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
First time poster guys, be gentle :p

So I've gotten this car off a mate, its had some work done, heads, cam, tuned to about 270 maffless tune otr all that jazz.

Now the car seems to be having a tps issue, but it happens very intermittently I could be cruising along no problems car will shift properly, accelerate properly. Then once I come to a stop and the car is sitting at the lights for a little the engine light will come on and the car won't accelerate properly, changes gears quick etc.

I've pulled up the code and it says " p0121 TPS/PEDAL POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE " I've tried two different tps sensors, done the sensor reset where you unplug turn on off all that jazz.

Anyone else come across this problem?! It's driving me nuts.
Not the same issues but had a tps that needed changing. Best take it to the previous tuner.